Within the automotive service industry, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports employers tend to hire candidates who have completed a formal training program. In Utah, auto mechanic schools offer fundamental courses in the three major career areas: motorcycle technology, automotive technology and diesel technology. These degree and certificate programs typically take between six months and one year to finish and teach students how to conduct routine maintenance, diagnose vehicle problems as well as perform basic repairs. Auto mechanic schools in Utah also provide online education options, which can be a great choice for working mechanics and service technicians looking for a flexible way to complete their certificate or degree.
Many students pursue certifications from the the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) after completing their training at an auto mechanic school. These certifications are available in several areas, such as truck equipment and collision and repair. In Utah, auto mechanics and service technicians earned a mean annual income of over $38,700 in 2009, according to the BLS. Truck mechanics and diesel engine specialists earned nearly $41,200, while auto body repairers earned almost $39,700.
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses
- Flexible Online Learning — Career programs designed for anytime learning. Study when you have time and test when you feel ready.
- Accredited and Supported — Regionally and nationally accredited programs with expert instructors available to answer your questions.
- Affordable Tuition — 0% interest and low monthly payment plans.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses