New England Tech
Technology was in its early years in 1940 when New England Tech opened its doors. Families depended on the radio for entertainment and computers only a part of a futuristic science fiction movie. That was when we made a pledge to superiority, which has remained permanent in a changing planet.
Today we are the acknowledged leader in technical career education in Southeastern New England and can proudly state that thousands of students have graduated from New England Tech and were able to take with them the profitable, in-demand skills essential for a successful career.
Technical expertise and hands-on training are combined to teach each program. The faculty is dedicated and qualified with real-world experience to guide the students in more than 20 different programs for Associate's and Bachelor's of Science degrees.
Automotive Technology - Associate's Degree
You can receive an Automotive Technology - Associate's Degree in as little as 18 months, by attending classes that are available during the day and in the evening. These are courses that are important and relevant to get better jobs. You will be provided with high-tech apparatus.
Our extensive Program includes:
- Internal Engine Theory and Repair
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Manual and Automatic Transmissions
- Front Wheel Drive Transaxles
- Braking Systems
- Steering and Suspension Systems
- Front End Alignment
- Engine Fuel, Emission and Ignition Management Systems
- Computerized Diagnostic Testing
- Drivability Diagnosis and Repair
- Natural Gas and Other Alternative Fuels Training
- Rhode Island's only NATEF (National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation) Master certified Post-Secondary Institution
- A National Alternative Fuels Training Center
After graduating you will have one year's credit to put toward an ASE certification.
Automotive Collision Repair Technology - Associate's Degree
You can be awarded your Associate's Degree in as little as 18 months in our flexible day and evening programs. You'll have your hands on only the best equipment. All areas of Auto Body Technology, from basic to advanced, including repair and refinishing of collisions.
The following is covered in Theory and Practice:
- Repairing and replacing sheet metal, body damage repair, frames and unibody repair, installation of glass, techniques in paint refinishing.
- Participants also study Automotive Business and the technique of Shop Management.
- We are the only NATEF Master certified Post-Secondary Institution in Rhode Island. Once you graduate you will have garnered a year's credit towards an ASE certification.
- Provided are PPG Industries, which are centers that use satellite training.
Marine Technology - Associate's Degree
This course is a study in depth of the marine technical field and its application of the most recent trends in the field of marine technology. There is great demand for highly trained and expert technicians due to recent changes in the environmental protection requirements. Students learn about design, theory of operation and service techniques of the many automotive systems. Thorough training in engine, transmission, electrical, fuel and emissions systems is made available. Electronic ignition systems, computerized engine control and fuel injection systems are all part of the curriculum. The electronic engine and system diagnostic test equipment which are state-of-the-art are used by the program. Service and install systems are explicit to marine functions. All of our teaching staff has ABYC, Volvo, and Mercury Marine factory certifications. The Marine Technology Department at New England site offers Volvo Penta Marine advanced training for students who qualify. Students can also qualify to be certified Volvo Penta Technicians, after completing the Marine Technology Program.
Our close relationship with the American Boat builders and Repairs Association (ABBRA), the Massachusetts Marine Trades Association (MMTA) and the Rhode Island Marine Trades Association (RIMTA) has helped in making scholarships available to qualified applicants.
Automotive Service Management Technology - Bachelor's Degree Program to fit your schedule, either day or evening classes. Students reinforce their communication capability, combining business, management and technical skills.
Our Human Relations Program includes:
- Customer Service o Professional Sales
- Human Resource Management
- Inventory Control
- Legal issues in the industry
- Information Systems and Industry Specific Software programs
- Environmental issues concerning health and safety
- Financial Management and Accounting
- Leadership and Marketing
- Advance training in warranty administration and ASE Service Consultant Test prep
- Graduates receive one year's credit toward ASE certification