Founded in 1919, Lincoln Technical Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges and the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation. Lincoln Tech also has a professional network of graduate contacts dating back to the schools founding to help students find employment and success, and can be a great source for the training and certification an auto mechanic can benefit from.
Available Programs at Lincoln Tech
- Students enrolled in the automotive technology program can learn the skills needed to earn professional credentials in Automotive Technology, Automotive Mechanics, and Automotive Service Management. Lincoln Tech also offers a High Performance diploma which gives students the option to learn about performance engine building, drive line systems and even special electronics.
- In addition to gaining hands on experience and training with diesel engine repair and maintenance in trucks and cars, students of the diesel technology program for auto mechanics may also learn how to work with tractors and machinery, and diesel fuel systems. Students can gain real-world experience with the Common Rail System, International HEUI systems, and Detroit Diesel Electronic Controls (DDEC).
- While heavy equipment typically sports diesel engines, the Heavy Equipment program offers experience with complete teardowns and rebuilds of diesel engines and heavy machinery transmissions and transaxles. Students also learn the science behind hydraulic tools in addition learning the industry standards of repair and maintenance.
- This isn't just popping off plastic fairings and body work, students in the Lincoln Tech program learn how to remove and replace damaged parts using MIG and TIG welding. In addition to diagnostic software training, students will learn how to inspect, identify and repair defective parts, repair and install new break and AC lines, and how to seamlessly remove internal upholstery and accessories of a damaged car.
Lincoln Tech Education Benefits
In addition to over a quarter-million square feet of campus, Lincoln Technical Institute also offers:
- Real, working engines (both gas and diesel)
- High performance dynos, lifts, and tools
- Access to real-world heavy equipment from Caterpillar, Scott Equipment, and Thermo King
Lincoln Tech has over 20 heavy equipment bays, 4 collision shops, 50 gasoline engines and dozens of diesels for students to earn valuable, real world experience on the machines they will be working on and the tools they will be working with.
Instructors at Lincoln Tech are also National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence certified, and prepare students for a full auto mechanic job description with their highly credentialed knowledge and guidance. Heavy Equipment instructors also have real-world work experience putting their skills to the test and provide tested focus of knowledge with interactive training.
In general, you can find more information about the income you might be able to look forward to as an auto mechanic by reading about national automotive mechanic salary figures.
Why Attend Lincoln Technical Institute?
Lincoln Tech offers the following in addition to a hands-on, accredited education program:
- On-campus and off-campus housing
- Financial aid
- Employment assistance
- Professional development
Lincoln Tech also offers a high school diploma completion assistance program in partnership with Penn Foster High School. Students taking the completion program will earn a full high school diploma while taking classes at the Lincoln Tech campus. Students looking to apply to the program will need to participate in a transcript evaluation with Penn Foster and then complete their remaining credits in classes offered 2-3 times per week. Students will have the option to earn their diploma on a schedule that fits their needs and pace.
Enrolling in Online Lincoln Tech Programs
While some classes of some programs may utilize online courses, Lincoln Tech prides itself on the hands-on training and education from ASE certified instructors. As such, no program offered by Lincoln Tech is available entirely online.
Online education may be used by Penn Foster High School as part of the Lincoln Tech High School diploma assistance program. Contact Lincoln Technical Institute using the links on this page to learn more about their online course offerings.
- Lincoln Technical Institute, accessed Dec. 2015: http://www.lincolnedu.com
- Mustang Dyne, accessed Dec. 2015: http://www.mustangdyne.com/3. Installation Maintenance and repair/Diesel-Service Technicians, Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, accessed Dec. 2015: http://www.bls.gov/ooh/installation-maintenance-and-repair/diesel-service-technicians-and-mechanics.htm