As an automotive service technician, you have the opportunity to work with the latest technology in the industry. In Illinois, auto mechanic schools provide you with the fundamental knowledge to diagnose, repair, and maintain trucks, cars and motorcycles. Programs typically last between six months and one year, while associate degree programs can take two years to complete. Online education can be a great option for working mechanics and service technicians who want to build new skill sets and complete a degree or certificate.
Auto mechanic schools in Illinois provide a blend of hands-on and classroom instruction in fields such as automotive HVAC, collision and repair, automotive and motorcycle technology and more. You may also pursue advanced certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). ASE certification is an industry standard and benchmarks performance in areas such as service, repair and finishing, engines and more. According to May 2009 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the mean annual salary for automotive service technicians and mechanics was just over $40,000. Bus and truck mechanics earned over $43,000. The industries with the highest employment rates for automotive service technicians included car dealerships, automotive parts stores and repair shops.
- Flexible Online Learning — Career programs designed for anytime learning. Study when you have time and test when you feel ready.
- Accredited and Supported — Regionally and nationally accredited programs with expert instructors available to answer your questions.
- Affordable Tuition — 0% interest and low monthly payment plans.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses
- Students can complete an entry-level technician program in about a year, and manufacturer training and graduate in as little as 18 months.
- Provides technical education training programs for automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle, and marine technicians.
- Partners with many well-known manufacturers, including General Motors, Porsche Cars North America Inc., and BMW of North America LLC.
- Offers internships to students and alumni for first-hand experience.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses