According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), employers in the automotive service and repair field traditionally prefer to hire candidates with formal training. In Hawaii, auto mechanic schools provide educational programs in areas such as automotive HVAC, automotive and motorcycle technology, diesel technology and collision repair. Programs typically last between six months and one year, and most require a minimum of 45 weeks of training. Online education is a great option for working professionals looking to earn a certificate or degree while maintaining a full-time schedule.
Auto mechanic schools in Hawaii provide a blend of classroom-based and hands-on instruction. Some programs offer specific training on certain vehicle types such as BMW, Toyota, or Mercedes-Benz. Auto mechanics and service technicians may also pursue advanced certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence. Common areas of certification include engines, service, repair and finishing and more. The BLS reports automotive service technicians and mechanics in Hawaii earned a mean annual salary of just over $40,000 in May 2009, while bus and truck mechanics earned nearly $49,000.
- Flexible Online Learning — Career programs designed for anytime learning. Study when you have time and test when you feel ready.
- Accredited and Supported — Regionally and nationally accredited programs with expert instructors available to answer your questions.
- Affordable Tuition — 0% interest and low monthly payment plans.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses